IO1: A guide to museum education with the use of modern technology
The guide to museum education with the use of modern technology is running through the whole lifetime of the project. This outcome will be developed by the two academic partners of the consortium, the four museums and the two schools from the four partner countries. The final version of the guide will be provided in English and in the four languages of the partner countries (Dutch, German, Greek and Italian).
This guide will serve as a complete information material on the subject of the project and as a pedagogical guide to implementing activities for school students in museums that will be addressed either to museum educators and museum cultural staff or to teachers, trainers and educators in schools in primary and secondary education.
The development of the guide will be done in accordance with the principles of desk research, as well as the complete recording of the project implementation. It will be developed in two phases, the first will focus solely on the research of project external components and the second will focus on presenting the project as a model application of new technologies in museum education activities. Its final version will be translated into all partner languages. In addition, it will be uploaded on the official website and on the project's special electronic platform and will be available in print at multiplier events.
With this output our partnership seeks to achieve:
- highlighting the potential of technology as a means of promoting Europe's culture
- highlighting the potential of technology as a means of attracting children and youth to Europe's cultural wealth
- the promotion of museums' educational programs in support of classroom education
- redefining EU museums as attractive destinations for children and young people
- developing cooperation between museums, school communities and technology providers to provide modern education